Improving the Diagnosis & Treatment of PH in Canada
The PHA Canada National PH Medical Think Tank aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure the timely and accurate diagnosis of PH across Canada;
- Support expert PH centers in providing a comprehensive assessment of all PH patients;
- Support expert PH centers in providing the most effective treatment approach for all PH patients; and
- Support national PH medical projects like the Canadian PH Registry and Canadian PH Clinical Trials Network.
- Updates from the Canadian PH Registry and current/upcoming trials
- Abstracts from PHA Canada’s 2022 research scholarship recipients
- Presentations by Canadian PH experts, including:
- How the new ESC/ERS guidelines affect practice
- The pathology of RV failure and opportunities for treatment
- The practice and pitfalls of exercise definitions
- Pulmonary endarterectomy for CTED
- Patient perceptions on composite outcomes in PAH RCT
- Implications integrating genetic testing in clinical practice
- And more!
- Keynote presentation on Advances in Lung Transplant by Dr. Marcelo Cypel, Staff Thoracic Surgeon at University Health Network (UHN) and Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto
Virtual and in-person registration options are available for the Think Tank and Community Conference.
The Medical Think Tank program is co-developed by the Pulmonary Hypertension Association of Canada and Canadian Thoracic Society, and is planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity, and balance.
Program at a Glance:
Thursday, June 8, 12pm – 5pm – Medical Think Tank
Friday, June 9, 8am – 4pm – Scientific Sessions
Friday, June 9, 8am – 4pm – CPHPN Meeting (members only)
Friday, June 9, 7pm – 9pm – Welcome Reception
Saturday, June 10, 8am – 4pm – Community Conference Program
Medical providers may register for the Medical Think Tank/CPHPN meeting and the Community Conference using the Medical Think Tank registration form.