2022 Fall Webinar Series
From Bench to Bedside: Understanding the Science of Drug Development and Approvals in Canada
- Pat Kelly, PHA Canada’s Research Capacity Building Project Manager
The What, Why, Who, When and How of Advance Care Planning
- Olga Nikolajev, End-of-Life Nurse Educator
Oxygen Therapy in the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Angela Taylor and Colin Van De Wetering, September 27th, 2022
COVID-19: Bilingual Q&A With Dr. Mehta (FR/EN), April 3rd, 2020
- Dr. Sanjay Mehta, PH Specialist, Founding Board Member, Past-Chair of the Board of Directors and Eternal PHriend of PHA Canada
Dr. Sanjay Mehta answered the PH community's questions posted on Facebook about COVID-19. Laurence Richard, Marketing & Communications Coordinator, helped translate all the questions and answers in French.
- Jamie Myrah, Executive Director PHA Canada
COVID-19 & Back-to-School: A Q&A for Families of Children with PH, August 28th, 2020
--Janette T. Reyes, Nurse Practitioner, The Hospital for Sick Children Cardiac Clinic
- Dr. Andreea Dragulescu, The Hospital for Sick Children Cardiac Clinic
- Susan Richards, PH Nurse Practitioner Pediatric, Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic Stollery Children's Hospital
- Dr. Anne Fournier, CHU Ste-Justine, Cardiology Department
Panel discussion featuring pediatric PH medical specialists to answer questions about going back to school in 2020
2020 Fall Webinar Series
Facing Mental Health Issues
- Carolyn Doyle-Cox, PH Nurse, Ottawa Heart Institute
- Joanne Schwartz, Social Worker and Counsellor, Vancouver PH Clinic
- Jeannette MacKeen, Retired Counsellor, Living with PAH
Facing Mental Health Issues was a follow up to Summer 2020 issue of Connections magazine. A panel discussed of stories of families affected by PH.
Let's Talk PH & Nutrition
- Sylvia Rinaldi, Registered Dietician, clinical researcher
PHA Canada had Sylvia Rinaldi discuss her important research: “Nutritional Status of Patients with PH”. Sylvia is a Registered Dietitian, clinical researcher, and 2016 & 2017 PHA Canada Paroian Family PH Research Scholarship recipient! This webinar will also covered the nutritional concerns of people living with PH and more!
PH Treatment 101, Introduction to PH Treatment
- Lyda Lesenko, RN, Pulmonary Hypertension Nurse Coordinator, Jewish General Hospital
- Jamie Myrah, Executive Director, PHA Canada
It is important to understand your PH treatment options so you can be an active participant in your own care. This time around, we had PHA Canada Executive Director Jamie Myrah as well as Lyda Lesenko, and Jessica Pinto, PH Nurse Coordinators from Montréal, speak about different treatment pathways of PH, treatment side effects, future PH therapies in Canada, and more!
Link to the presentation slides: https://bit.ly/3mLlEaj