Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
This delicately seasoned creamy vegetable soup is the perfect remedy to the “winter blues.” Warm up your body and soul with a cup of this exotic recipe!
- Medium red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. mixed Indian spices (e.g. Kitchen King brand)
- 1 tbs. garam masala spice mix
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk mixed with 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 4 cups of water
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, stir so liquid and spices are fully blended. Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium heat until all vegetables are fork-tender.
- Blend thoroughly until soup has a creamy texture.
Nutritional information (for total soup contents): 2.5 g of fat; 239 mg of sodium.