Recipe inspired by: Jack Monroe of "A Girl Named Jack"
Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
It’s the perfect time of year to pack in some sunshine while enjoying the last of the season’s peaches. A delicious healthy snack or dessert, peaches also create a wonderful burst of flavour in a savoury dish! Try this delicious curry recipe for a flavourful twist on a classic Indian dish.
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. dry chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp. tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. chana masala
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3-4 medium peaches, washed, peeled, and diced
- 540 ml (19 oz.) no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 796 ml (27 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat combine the onion, garlic, and spices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peaches and maple syrup. Cook over medium heat until a syrupy sauce surrounds the peaches. Transfer entire contents to large frying pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the frying pan. Mix well and cook over low heat until ingredients are tender.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice with fresh salad.