Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
This is a perfect ‘warm-up-my-insides’ recipe for blustery cold days. Ratatouille will fill your stomach with contentment and vitamins! Serve over brown rice or boiled baby potatoes for a satisfying meal-in-a-bowl.
- 1 large white sweet onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 large red peppers, diced in larger pieces
- 796 ml can of salt-free diced tomatoes
- 398 ml can of low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- In large pan, sauté onion until soft (use a small amount of water to keep from sticking and stir frequently).
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 min. until soft. Stir occasionally.
Nutritional information: Per serving (recipe makes 8): 37 mg of salt.