Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
This easy recipe provides an exciting twist on hummus and is a great alternative to high sodium dips! Enjoyed with raw vegetables or crackers, it’s the perfect summer snack! Click here to access recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato – baked until tender, peeled, and chopped
- 1 Red Pepper – roasted, seeded, peeled, drained, and diced*
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bake sweet potato at 400°F until tender; peel and chop once it has cooled.
- Place all prepped ingredients in food processor or in narrow bowl and use submersible hand blender.
- Process until a smooth and creamy texture is obtained.
- Keep hummus refrigerated until it is served.
*Kitchen tip: Place blackened pepper in metal bowl and cover with foil – the heat and moisture will soften the skin, making it easy to peel.