Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
To optimize your healthy habit of eating your veggies—try one of these delicious oil-free salad dressings with your next bowl of greens! Makes every forkful so yummy!
Mango Salad Dressing:
- 1 mango, pitted and roughly chopped (or 1 cup of defrosted mango chunks)
- 1⁄4 Cup of balsamic vinegar, preferably white (Choice: Cara Cara Orange Vanilla)
Directions: Place ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
Raspberry Salad Dressing:
- 1 Cup of fresh or frozen raspberries (defrosted, if frozen)
- 1⁄4 Cup of apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 6-8 red grapes
- 1⁄8 tsp of ground black pepper
Directions: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Use on salads, greens and even dessert!
- 3 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
Directions: Combine together – shake and serve over salad!