Contributed by: Kate McGoey-Smith, DipNrsg, MSW, RSW, FM, Certified Food for Life Instructor. Courtesy of Fork Smart.
Gather and Prepare:
In a medium bowl combine
- 1 ripe mango – peel, dice into cubes
- ½ red pepper – cut into thin match sticks
- ½ jalapeno pepper – remove seeds and cut into thin match sticks
- ¼ cup of fresh basil leaves – cut into thin match sticks
Then in a separate container, combine the following...
Oil-free Lime-Ginger Dressing: (makes enough for 2 salads)
- 1/3 cup of lime juice or juice of 1 large lime
- Zest up to half a lime
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp of fresh ginger – finely grated
- 1 pinch of salt
Directions: Now pour half the Lime- Ginger Dressing over mango salad, let stand to soak in dressing, plate, and garnish with a couple of raw cashews (optional).